Position: Director, Service & Support, the Americas
Salary: To $140K plus 15% target bonus; excellent benefits
Industry: Global Equipment Manufacturer for Film and Broadcast companies
Location: South Central Connecticut
Have you led a service and support team for technical products and/or software?
Have you leveraged that team’s capabilities to grow revenues and develop clear customer loyalty?
Are you adept at managing relationships, from internal departments to major customers, the shop floor to the C-Suite?
Do you drive efficiency/effectiveness by continuously improving your people, processes, and technology?
IF SO, THIS MIGHT BE YOUR NEXT GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
· Lead a team of 20 individuals in providing superior support and service to customers.
- Define service standards. Develop KPI’s, implement, set goals, and drive improvement.
- Drive effective utilization of computerized service and support tools.
- Develop a network of Authorized Service Partners, especially in offshore regions.
· Grow the Service business’ revenues and profitability
- Develop a clear strategy for growing the support/service business in the Americas.
- Identify key customers and develop and deploy a plan to approach and generate revenue.
- Work with Sales Team to promote existing Service Packages. Identify/ launch new Packages.
· Develop close and productive relationships with major customers in the region.
- Meet regularly with key customers to ensure appropriate levels of support.
- Act as escalation point for major field service issues.
· Improve effectiveness and efficiency by developing people, processes, and systems.
- In concert with your department managers, develop and implement on-going training and development programs for your staff.
- Deploy new management tools and processes as applicable for the Americas.
Experience / Requirements:
- Proven success managing technical products customer support/service teams.
- Proven success managing large customers, particularly with respect to resolving significant technical issues. Ability to work with customers from the shop floor to the CEO.
- Demonstrated success developing profitable service business revenue.
- Team player, able to collaborate across functions.
- Able to work under pressure, manage time and resources effectively.
- Technical degree.
- Broadcast industry experience desired.